Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Take Your Instructions from the Tower

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’ (Isaiah 30:21)

‘Are we ready on the right? Are we ready on the Left? The firing line is no longer clear...Firers, watch your lane.’ Don't you wish that God's instructions were as loud and clear as the Range NCOIC's voice from the tower? Well, actually, they are! I have found the more time I spend in the Bible, reading His Word, the more I hear those words coming back to me all day long. 99% of life's instructions are outlined right there in the Scriptures. And for the other 1% we have the Range Safety (the Holy Spirit) right behind us quietly giving us guidance.

Application: As you are reading the scriptures use this acrostic to find applications, SPECK, Sin to avoid, Promise to claim, Example to follow, Commandment to obey, Knowledge to gain.